December 4, 2016

Religion and the Holiday Season

I do not believe in a god, I believe in science. Having said that, it's indisputable that religion is the motivation behind some of the best art and music humans have ever produced. That's not proof of a supreme being, just the passion of those who believe in an invisible being in the sky. Religion produces more evil hypocrites than politics, and is the cause for most of the wars and killing in human history.

I believe in living by the "Golden Rule" which has nothing to do with believing in religion, or some invisible god. Simply good advice on how to treat our fellow human beings.

I don't question the motivation behind the product of artists, or musicians, I just appreciate the final product. If their motivation is religious, that doesn't detract (for me) from the quality of the final product. And because I find that final product of the highest quality, that doesn't mean I believe in their motivation that produced that product. I have no clue of the religious beliefs of the artists I highlight, and I could care less. So I will be highlighting religious music during the Holidays, or at anytime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is on. Your comment will be posted after approval.