July 28, 2016

Obama The Orator

Obama won the presidency because of his oratory. He reminded us of that tonight. He knows what to say, and how to say it. Where I come from we would call that speech, a barn burner. One of the best political speechs I've heard, and I've heard the best. Defining his ideology logically, with impeccable delivery, passion, and surpassing his goal.
I was never an Obama-maniac, but I've never liked Hillary, so Obama was my option. I'm sure his oratory played a big part in my decision. When McCain picked Palin, that cinched my decision. I voted for Obama the second time. I disagreed sharply with a lot of his decisions, but I have respect for him, I even like him. If he goes on the road for Hillary and keeps giving those kind of speeches, she will win the presidency, just as he did.
Obama will go out of office as a popular president, while the Congress is more unpopular than changing diapers.
Obama can talk all the optimism he wants. But the future looks dim no matter which candidate wins, although, one candidate is far better than the other.
Obama deserves kudos for pulling us out of the mess the Republicans left us/him. With a little help he could have done so much more. Obama has been treated outrageously at times, just proving racism and nasty politics are still alive.
So on with the election and the dripping hate on the blogs, from both/all sides.

2 comments:

squatlo said...

I'm pretty much with you completely, Luke. The bottom line of this election is stark: we either pull together to elect Hillary Clinton, despite our differences or misgivings about her true character, or we allow a dangerous sociopathic narcissist to win the White House. Had the Repubs nominated Jeb or Kasich I believe this might be a campaign of differing ideas. AS it is, it's a choice between sanity and Trump.

We'd better not sit this one out because of "principles" no one will remember in thirty years, because the next Prez will nominate at least two Supreme Court justices.

Paul said...

Idealism is strong, especially in younger people. If they want to change the government they will have to keep fighting and have patience. It takes more than electing one man to change a government. Bernie pulled the Democratic party to the left, which is quite an accomplishment.
As politically active as the boomers were in the 1960's and early 1970's, Nixon won in 68'and 72'. Nixon's line is now Trump's line, "I'm the law and order candidate." The boomers also voted for Reagan, Bush, and Bush.
It would be interesting to see who these young ideologues will support for president in 30, or 40 years.

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is on. Your comment will be posted after approval.